You are probably looking at this website because a grown up thinks you might have had a seizure.
There are lots of different seizures.
You might know what’s going on when you have a seizure. Or you might not know anything until it’s all over.
This is what having a seizure can be like for some children:
- Getting a funny taste in your mouth
- Having a strange feeling in your tummy
- Pulling or tugging at your clothes
- Going stiff, then falling to the floor and jerking
- Staring into space for a few moments (people might think you’re daydreaming)
- An arm or leg may suddenly move on its own
Sometimes it’s really hard to describe exactly what it feels like for you.
Most seizures only last a few minutes. Some only last a few seconds.